As everyone knows blogs are everywhere. If a person would type the word blog into any search engine you would millions of results. As the popularity of the blogs has increased, many people have deemed them as unreliable sources for information. This is because a lot of blogs are created by normal every day people. But in the same aspect businesses will also create a blog to increase traffic. So how do we go about fixing the unreliable factor? Well in order to do this all bloggers should go by a natural set of blogging rules. These are rules that are not in any way set in stone or anything but they are basic rules that anyone should follow. Most of your rules should follow the code of ethics guidelines as code of ethics are a very important set of ethics to follow. In applying the rules to your blog there are 5 basic rules you should apply to your own site.
1. Facts Make sure you check your facts before posting anything on your blog. Do some research on your topic and make sure the information that you have is correct. Doing basic research can save you from posting false information. When you post false information you will look bad and you will lose visitors to your set. Even after you have posted your blog check and make sure everything is correct. The more you check your facts the better off you will be.
2. Copyright Laws Do not by any means walk into a site and simply copy and paste their information into your site. This is against copyright laws and can get you into some serious legal issues. Everything that is contained on the internet is copyrighted, which a lot of people do not realize. You are better off creating your own information and avoid any illegal misuse of copyright laws.
3. Implications Think about the implications about what you are posting. Once you push the post button there will be no way to change your words. If your post may cause repercussions against someone later do not post it. Choose all your words carefully so as not to hurt anyone’s feelings.
4. Comments Monitor all the comments that are placed on your blog page. Put limitations on the type of comments your readers are allowed to leave. This way they will not leave a comment that might offend someone or some place and cause harsh feelings because it will be you, not them, who will lose the visitors.
5. Credit You need to be sure to provide credit to any resources you use. If you fail to do this step you will fall into the rule number 2 of copyright laws and you will be deemed unethical. These are just 5 common and basic rules that are out there but there are many more. Do some research and discover which rules might apply to your site.
Howard Martell is the Owner of http://HomeProfitCoach.com/silver . Check us out anytime for marketing tips and a free subscription to our cutting edge newsletter.